Is it possible to add auto numbering to table of contents in LO writer?
You need to change the numbering style (default is “none”). The following was tested in LibreOffice 3.5. Please consider upgrading if you haven’t done so yet.
- Right-click on the table of contents, choose Edit Index/Table
- Under Styles choose the level you want auto-numbering for (ie. “Level 1 [Contents1]”)
- On the right pane, click on the corresponding style (ie “Contents 1”), then Edit
- Under Outline & numbering > Numbering > Numbering style choose “Numbering 1”
- Accept your changes (click OK twice)
- Right-click on your table of contents and choose Update Index/Table
You will need to repeat the above for all sub-heading styles too, if so desired.