Too many toolbars at top of writer document

How do I get back to a simple toolbar at the top of my writer document?
I must have a half dozen toolbars showing. How do I get back to a simple menu and choose what toolbars I want to see?

EDIT @Hrbrgr from Comment from @hwms :

Zorin Linux OS
LO version is 7.3

Please upload a screenshot image here.

1 Like

User interface in Writer

To be more specific, please name your operating system and LibreOffice version.

Select View>Toolbars from the menu to turn off toolbars that are not needed.

2 Likes

Zorin Linux OS
LO version is 7.3

Personally, I’ve deactivated ALL toolbars, even the status bar at the bottom. Most of the commands that are typically used, are all found in three menus, so if you commit the hotkey shortcuts to open these 3 menus into muscle memory, that will be an enourmous help to get rid of these toolbars.
The three menus are:

• Page style: [Alt], fOrmat, Page (just need to remember OP)
  • Paragraph style: [Alt], fOrmat, pAragraph (just need to remember OA)
  • Character style: [Alt], fOrmat, cHaracter (just need to remember OH)

If you still want to have ONE toolbar, you can customize it under TOOLS > CUSTOMIZE > tab “TOOLBAR”

And you end up with an awful mess of direct formatting.
Learn to format with styles and assign shortcuts to styles. This will be more efficient and more “professional”.

How true that is. If you already use styles, please disregard my above post. But why would the original poster ask for toolbars if they use styles?

Maybe he has displayed toolbars at some time and doesn’t know how to dismiss them. @hwms gave no usage indication for the toolbars. It could be mere curiosity. Anyway, it is always good to warn users against direct formatting. At first sight, it looks “intuitive” and natural but it plays so nasty tricks on your back that the sooner you adopt styles, the better.