Transferring a default template to another computer as default and keep customizations

I have created a customized default template for Writer on one computer. I would like to place this on other computers as the default. When I import it to the other computers template and set it as default and edit it, or make a new document, I get a document with none of the customisations. Is there a way to export a template I use as default from one computer to another and keep the customizations and the macros.

Do you mean some custom menu items, and toolbar icons, hotkey assignments?
You can embed these properties into the template (except the hotkeys).
Note: only this template (and the documents created based on this template) will contain these custom settings, but other edited documents will not.
In my opinion, it is better to store the custom settings in the applications, but not in the documents nor in templates. (Of course there are cases, when the embedded features is the better way)

(Same for the macros.)

Hi My email to your reply to came back… Hopefully you can see it below. We’re sorry, but your email message to [“reply+b801e8a630db23c83d1d4888da17a20d@ask.libreoffice.org”] (titled Re: [Ask LibreOffice] [English] Transferring a default template to another computer as default and keep customizations) didn’t work.

Hi Tibor Thanks for responding
On 26/04/2024 2:06 pm, Tibor Kovács via Ask LibreOffice wrote:

You asked>Do you mean some custom menu items, and toolbar icons, hotkey assignments?
Yes

Also the documents created based on this template don’t contain the customizations.
You suggested> store the custom settings in the applications,
Could you please explain how to do this, or tell me where it is in the doco?

Even when I open the template itself for editing, neither the customizations nor the macos show up. The same if I start a document from the template (which I have marked as the default template).