Transferring files from old computer to new computer in Libre office?

transfer files from windows 8 to new computer windows 11?

This is a Windows question. In the end you don’t want to transfer office files only. You want all your work and possibly all your individual settings from Windows and from all your applications.
LibreOffice stores all its settings in %APPDATA%\LibreOffice\4\user and only you know where you stored your documents.

I’m talking about spreadsheets with in Libre Office. I have Libre 73 in old computer and 75 in new computer.

I tried that Appdata thing, but too confusing. Anyway to talk to a representative?

Villeroy
March 22

This is a Windows question. In the end you don’t want to transfer office files only. You want all your work and possibly all your individual settings from Windows and from all your applications.
LibreOffice stores all its settings in %APPDATA%\LibreOffice\4\user and only you know where you stored your documents.

Sorry, it’s 7.3 old and 7.5 on new computer.

Villeroy
March 22

Try this official advice Move your files to a new Windows PC using an external storage device - Microsoft Support

It isn’t very good advice though because all your files will have changed file dates.

You could use a similar method but use Robocopy (with the appropriate switches) from the command line to copy unchanged files. To find more about robocopy press Winkey+R, type cmd and in the command line window type Robocopy /?

Create a batch file in Notepad to make sure you have time to plan, rename it from .txt to .bat at the end. Keep adding lines similar to the first line for other folders. I have the last lines beginning with pause so when I come back I can see if it has finished otherwise it closes without you seeing any error messages. The REM lines are just reminders of what the switches do

Robocopy C:\Users\[user]\Documents\ E:\Documents\ /COPY:DAT /E /R:0 /DCOPY:T /Z
pause
REM: Copy directory recursively (/E), copy all file information (/COPYALL, equivalent to /COPY:DATSOU, D=Data, A=Attributes, T=Timestamps, S=Security=NTFS ACLs, O=Owner info, U=aUditing info), do not retry locked files (/R:0)
REM: copy files in resume mode (/Z) in case network connection is lost
pause

Maybe the Windows built-in backup software will also do the job.

At first step you don’t need to understand the contents of the folder, but you should create a backup / copy the folder.
The idea is to copy the folder LibreOffice from %APPDATA% of the old computer to the same place on the new one, before installing LibreOffice, so it can be found. Or you can rescue parts out of the backup later, when you detect some of your old dictionaries are missing now as an example.
Btw, Firefox users should get the Mozilla folder with their bookmarks…

As told before: All this relates to Windows. So ask Microsoft.
And for your “personal computer” and your own files, you are the only representative with any knowledge. Anybody else can only search on your computer (access provided).

Both can work with the same files, and you only see big differences, if you use dark-mode in Windows…