Trying to Install 7.6.2 getting failed dependency error

I am trying to install 7.6.2 on opensuse leap 15.4 and am getting a dependency error that follows: Failed dependencies:
libobasis7.6-en-US <= 7.6.0.3-3 is needed by (installed) libobasis7.6-en-US-help-7.6.0.3-3.x86_64

Not real sure how to correct this

Jim

Obtained where? From the distribution? And install how? (assuming your distribution’s package manager as otherwise you might had mentioned…).

Obviously that is not 7.6.2 but 7.6.0. So either your already existing 7.6.0 installation lacks some dependencies or you ended up with some broken mix.
You could try to first remove all things 7.6.0 and then install 7.6.2.

I downloaded the &.6.2 directly from LibreOffice site. This is the package name: LibreOffice_7.6.2_Linux_x86-64_rpm.tar.gz Used the install command suggested in the package which is basically the rpm command to freshen the files. I have 7.6.1 installed and running just find, but there exists a zero day security flaw that 7.6.2 was put out to fix.

Note that the TDF builds downloaded from the LO site should install under /opt/ (unless you use the install script and override office-installation-dir) and not replace distribution files. You may have some fragments lingering around from an older installation (but even if you had 7.6.1 installed the 7.6.0 package message doesn’t make sense), and if you install the Help package you need the exact package matching the version, as offered during the download. Maybe you have a wrong package there, or forgot you had help installed with 7.6.0? Try to uninstall libobasis7.6-en-US-help-7.6.0.3-3.x86_64
If not and you are not trying to install versions in parallel I’d recommend to first uninstall / remove older versions that are not part of your distribution to start from scratch, as you now somehow seem to have created some mess.

The uninstall of libobasis7.6-en-US-help-7.6.0.3-3.x86_64 fixed the problem, as soon as I did that , then reran the install which was rpm -Uvh *.rpm everything installed just fine and I didn’t have to delete the old version as it did the update and even the desktop icons still worked just fine.

Thanks
Jim