Two columns text with full-width footnote, is it possible?

Hi
I don’t know if is it possible to have a two columns text (I use section tool) and separate footnote that I would to have full-width.
Any technique or workaround?
Thanks

Short answer; yes.

This is the only possible case presently. The inverse one (full-width case and 2-column foot note) is not.

You stated the solution: insert a 2-column section into your page. Don’t set the page style in 2-column mode because it will also set the footnotes in 2-column mode. Work as usual.

I was wrong. The note area is part of the current section or page and inherits its layout from them. What is needed is a different abstraction for page model where the various areas (contents, footnote, header, footer) would have their own separate column setting. This is not presently the case.

The only surrogate I could find is to nest your 2-column section inside a 1-column section. You then use endnotes instead of footnotes and collect them at end of the outer section. However, this is ugly because there no “elegant” separation between the last end-of(section note and subsequent text. And, above all, these “end notes” are not segregated at bottom of pages.

Hi. I think I have a problem. When I insert a 2-cols section, footnotes area automatically splits follows the main text. Page format is set as normal (one column).
Something I’m missing?
Thanks

Attach a sample file. Mention OS name, LO version and save format.

LO version: 6.0.7.3
Format ODT
sample.odt (24.9 KB)

Thanks for your time

It looks like Bug 54465 - FORMATTING: Inserting footnote in section (with columns), make that sections size grow to the full page
Fixed in LibreOffice 7.3

The problem is that in a newer version of LibreOffice the old behaviour continues in the document so it is easier to copy the text (not the section) into a new document. After that you have the footnotes across the page but you can choose to have them in the section by ticking the appropriate setting in Section Options.

Opening the corrected document in an older version of LibreOffice reverts the footnotes to two columns