As of LibreOffice Writer version 7.5.6 I cannot declare a new user field with the name starting with a number and containing a dot, e.g. “111.”, “0.”, etc. If instead I try to declare a new variable with the name that starts with a character and contains a dot it works, e.g. “f.aaa”, “aa11.aa11”, etc.
Steps to reproduce the problem:
- open Writer
- open Fields dialog (ctrl+F2 or Insert → Field → More Fields)
- in Type section select User Field
- in Name try to insert a number followed by dot (type 0.)
- when you type the dot, the Name is erased
- in Name try to insert a char followed by dot (type a.)
- the Name value is correct, “a.”
Is there a reason why you can no longer use variable names that start with a number and contain a dot?
Thanks in advance,