Unable to add new colors to already created palette being used

Some time ago I created in LibreWriter my very own palette of colors. But now when I go [thus pick up]

Format > Page Style > Area > Color > Colors > Palette [BOX] > My-Palette-Version-1

I have no way of adding a new color to it. And that is because if under the

Format > Page Style > Area > Color > New

I crate a new color and then click the

Format > Page Style > Area > Color > Colors > Custom Palette > Add

button, then a pop-up Name window appears, asking me to name [not a new palette but] a new color. And if I then OK it, then this color is added to the custom palette and not to My-Palette-Version-1

How can I upgrade my My-Palette-Version-1 to My-Palette-Version-2 by permanently adding to it new colors

…then this color is added to the custom palette…

Yes, this is the normal way for users who cannot or do not want to tinker with files.
In the custom palette the user can enter all the colors he needs for himself.
Additionally there is the palette “Document Colors”, where created/used colors are stored in the document. However, these are not available system-wide.

You seem to be a user with advanced knowledge and have created your own palette. But with this know how you can revise your existing custom palette and add new color. As a reminder:

Create a new color palette

1 Like

Hi,
basically, a custom palette is a .soc file, stored in the config subdir of the user’s libreoffice profile.
For instance, my libreoffice profile is currently stored as (Linux):
/home/jfn/.config/libreoffice/4/user/
and the config subdir contains a custom palette, named as MyPalette.soc.

AFAIK, you can’t modifiy an existing custom palette using the UI.
As it is actually a XML file, you may try modifying it by hand.

Also, you may have a go at the PaletteMaker template, available here: PaletteMaker » Extensions
This should help you manage your own palettes :wink:

1 Like