Unable to change User Access Rights with LO Base "Tools>User Adminstration" with Mariadb when logged in as root

I have multiple Mariadb databases that I access with LO Base. I have tried to work with User Administration under “Tools” to adjust access rights for selected users to various tables. I am unable to affect/change access rights and cannot find a guide to explain what I may be doing wrong.

Can someone help me?

Direct connection to MySQL/MariaDB and PostgreSQL won’t open this dialog:
The database does not support user administration. at /home/buildslave/source/libo-core/dbaccess/source/ui/dlg/UserAdminDlg.cxx:94
JDBC and ODBC might not give this information, but I think: User administration is impossible for Base this way. Might be you could change passwords - didn’t try. But you could click on the check boxes and nothing happened. It is the same when connecting to external Firebird. Nothing happens when clicking on the check boxes.
Tested for Firebird (external file): Tried to add a new user but the user won’t be added.
I don’t know anybody, who will use this kind of user administration. But you could write a bug for this…

Thanks for your reply @RobertG. I find this function in LO Base confusing. The function is completely inactive with HSQLDB since there can only be one user with no password protection. Here, I am using Mariadb with an ODBC connection such that the user administration function is available, but non-functional. My use of LO Base with Mariadb is a basic set-up that should engage this function.

Are you aware of any instance in which the “Tools>User Administration” function actually works?

With Tools>SQL… you can communicate with any connected database (including embedded HSQL, by the way).

Thank you @Villroy. I will keep that in mind rather than working in konsole with command lines. Still though, what is wrong with “Tools>User Administration”; or, how is this function successfully used with mysqldb and mariadb?

Tools → User Administration: Haven’t ever seen it was working. Will test it a little bit more and write a bug.
Tested with JDBC and MariaDB. I could create a new user and could delete this user, but I couldn’t set anything rights for tables.
Have written a bug for this: Bug 155183

1 Like

Thank you @RobertG.

It never worked to my knowledge, and probably shouldn’t be exposed to the user until it does.