Unable to install on Max OS 10.10.5

I downloaded the dmg file for Mac, double clicked it, it expanded correctly. Then I drug the LO icon to my applications folder. So far so good.

But when I try open the application by either double-clicking the icon or do a cntl-click, Open, a small window pops up with the message "Verifying “LibreOffice”…, a blue progress bar fills from left to right and then when full, just hangs there. If I close the small pop up window, the application seems to stop running.

I read the ReadMe file that came with the download, but it does not speak to this issue.

I tried to visit http://www.libreoffice.org/faq/, but that comes back with a “File Not Found” page.

I checked out the Installation Instructions for Mac OS 10, and followed those steps. I’m not sure if I need a language file or not and if so where to find it.

I’m sure it’s something I’m doing wrong, but can’t figure out what it is.

(edit: correct url: LO FAQs)

Posting this link here, to help people that come across this looking for solution:

You seem to have done everything correctly.

It’s just possible that your download got corrupted. I suggest you trash the current .dmg file and the LO in your applications folder and start again with another download.

But before you do I would make sure all your file permissions - mine regularly go walkabout - and your disc is OK . when ‘strange’ things start happening I run the disk utility first aid - it often fixes things. Alternatively if you haven’t got it I can reccommend the free housekeeping utility OnyX

You don’t need a language files for UK/English or USA/English.

Just to reassure you I’ve been using LO building this database application on a Mac through various OSX versions for the last year and until El Captain (OSX10.11.*) have not had any problems.