Unable to save in Word 2013 format

I recently created a document using Word 2003 (had to use old computer). Then I tried to save it on a newer computer using LibreOffice in Word 2013 format but that was not an option. The option seems to have disappeared even in new documents. I can only save documents in Word 2007 format, nothing newer. How did this happen?

Word 2007 and Word 2013 are two names of the same (essentially) format. So, what is the problem?

The format is now called: Word 2007–365 (.docx), which hopefully removes the requirement to rename the format, whenever MS releases a new version of MS Office

If you work with LibreOffice, it is not a good idea to save your documents in foreign formats like DOC or DOCX.

Basically:

Always create and save your files in LibreOffice and save them in ODF format (ODT, ODS, etc.).
Always keep these files as their source. If you need other formats for distribution to partners, you can open an ODF file and save and distribute another format with ″ Save as… ″.

As @gabix writes, it is sufficient to save in 2007 format for passing on to others.

This way, you always have working files available in your system environment.

See:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/General/118

========================

If you want to report a request or a bug:in Bugzilla .

Please announce the link from the bug here.

To do this, edit your initial question. Thank you.

Actually, the Word format has changed from 2013 to Word 2007-365.
It is essentially the same as saving the file in the Word 2013 format.
I hope this helps!

Thanks. I recently updated the program and wondered what had happened. Good to know that it’s really the same.