Unable to select images pasted into Librecalc

Hi Librecalc Experts,

After taking screenshots and pasting (ie copy, paste with ctrl-v) the image into Librecalc
The pasted image cannot be selected with either the left mouse click or right mouse click.
As in no handles or selection box is on perimeter of image.

Version: 7.4.7.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 40(Build:2)
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 6.1; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-AU (en_AU.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Debian package version: 4:7.4.7-1+deb12u5
Calc: threaded

How can this be done?
Thanks in advance for helping to solve this!

BTW its quite straightforward in Gnumeric.

Try using the navigator, if the image is in background can not be selected with the mouse.

Please attach a sample file where the image can not be selected.

… or activate the drawing tools (cursor as arrow) and select a rectangle larger than the image. It will be selected as well.

1 Like

You probably have the sheet protected. Oddly, you can paste an image into a protected sheet but you cannot adjust the new image unless the sheet is unprotected or you immediately Undo the paste.

Click Tools > Protect sheet and supply any password needed to unprotect the sheet then adjust image.

Further information see How to remove a Password Protected Sheet Flag

1 Like

Hi mariosv, Gantler and EarnestAI,

Thank you for your prompt and thoughtful suggestions!
I tried all of these and still wasn’t getting anywhere until closing the file and opening in Gnumeric.
Adjusted the images, saved and reopened in Librecalc and found that the images were able to be selected!

I can’t explain this other maybe it had to do with how I pasted the images.
The images were obtained via ScreenGrab, and then copied directly from ScreenGrab dialog box into Librecalc before saving the images to disk. Then using Gnumeric to move the images and later saving. This must have sorted out the image properties which then enabled Librecalc be able to select the images.

Thanks again, its wonderful to have such a supportive community! :grinning:
Have a great day!

Sorry, this is not a solution, I have no issues on selecting/moving/resizing an image after pasting it, from a screenshot capture, with the system tool.
Tested with:
Version: 7.6.7.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: dd47e4b30cb7dab30588d6c79c651f218165e3c5
CPU threads: 16; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 22631; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: es-ES (es_ES); UI: en-US Calc: CL threaded

Please test in safe mode, Menu/Help/Restart in Safe Mode