Hi all,

My Libreoffice version is as under:

Version: 7.0.4.2
Build ID: 00(Build:2)
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 5.10; UI render: default; VCL: x11
Locale: hi-IN (en_IN); UI: en-US
Debian package version: 1:7.0.4-4+deb11u4
Calc: threaded

I am trying type in hindi after enabling and installing it in debian through ibus. I am able to type in all other applications in hindi including browsers, gedit, abiword etc but not in any of the libreoffice applications. when i type the cursor does not move and when pressing space a space is provided but nothing else. I have set hindi in ctl in language options or rather it is grayed out and not modifiable by me but hindi is selected.

It would be very nice if a solutions is provided.

Thanks

GCM

Have you ticked the Complex text layout check box? It enables the language menu.

ajlittoz pretty much nailed it, you didn’t enable CTL if the language listbox with Hindi is greyed out.

I wonder about the x11 there, as if no LibreOffice desktop integration package was installed at all. That could mean that LibreOffice doesn’t know anything about your system’s input method editor (IME). (which btw?)

If on GNOME, install the libreoffice-gtk3 package.
If on KDE, install the libreoffice-kf5 package and maybe libreoffice-plasma.
It probably won’t hurt to install all in case you switch.
You may also want to install libreoffice-gnome for GIO integration under both GNOME and KDE, but that’s unrelated.

1 Like

Hi ajlittoz and erAck, and thank you very much for your replies.

I would further would like to add that i am working on xfce4 desktop and also ctl is enabled but grayed out. screenshot below:

I don’t know what worked but I installed everything as erAck said and it is working now and i can type in hindi in libreoffice suite.

Thanks