Unattached and closed the right side panel - how to restore it?

There is a side panel on the right that opens when certain edit actions are taken. Accidentally, it unattached itself to a separate window. Once it was closed, it cannot be restored, at least not in a intuitive way. I tried to drag it to attach it (before it was closed), but it didn’t work.

• Ctrl+F5 (View → Sidebar)
    or
  • F11 (View → Styles)

Or View | Sidebar

Solution to show again already given:

or

If you want to dock it again:
When the panel is in view, you can drag it to the right. When the mouse pointer is over the scroll bar or thereabouts, you will see a “docking indicator contour”. Release to dock.

2 Likes

Ctrl+Shift+F10

2 Likes

Thanks!
It wasn’t that easy thou.

Ctrl+F5 or F11 opened the sidebar in floating mode (as a seperate window). When I went to main menu and found option to dock the sidebar, it docked not to the right but to the upper part of the window (below the tab/tool area). So that was bad too.

I couldn’t drag and drop it as described, because there is no small icon to drag over the scroll bar, at least not that I know of. So usually I drag the window by holding the titlebar, but titlebar is long horizontal space so when I drag it, it goes over the screen edge and eventually triggers the window snapping option from the OS, so that wasn’t working either.

Then finally, I searched through the menus of the windowed-sidebar and found option to dock it and this time, it docked correctly to the right, as it was! So the same option from the main menu is not working the same, despite being described in the same way.

So once again, I had to open the sidebar window and choose to dock it within menu found in the sidebar itself.

Thank you for your help! :slight_smile:

P.S. This is a common issue in all apps that have various docks and it is ALWAYS a problem to dock it easily… :frowning: I’m looking at you GIMP! :wink: