Unified Office Format document text lost

I saved a text document in Unified Office Format text. When I open the document the text is gone. How can I get the text back? I am using Windows 10 and LibreOffice Version: 6.3.6.2 (x64). I can’t upload a sample because it is work related. I saved it as Unified Office Format text. Since it was only a one page doc, I can recreate it. Don’t want to use the conversion website below. Thank you for the suggestions and info.

Always use the native ODF file formats.

Can you upload a sample file here?

What is this file format? I haven’t found it in File>Save as for LO 6.4.6.2. Are you trying to open a file created by another application or to save in a foreign format?

Please edit your question to mention OS name and LO version.

Which LO Version are you using?

Do you mean this? Uniform Office Format - Wikipedia

If we believe what the wiki says,

Quote: OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice from version 3 can open and save files in “Unified Office Format” with file extensions .uof, .uot, .uos, .uop (text, spreadsheet, presentation)[5] (This also applies to version 3 of NeoOffice, a popular variant of OpenOffice for the Macintosh.).

Hello,

you can try this conversion tool. Be sure to make a copy/backup beforehand.

http://odf-to-uof.sourceforge.net/

Hope that helps.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

Have a nice day and let’s (continue to) “Be excellent to each other!”