Updates trash task bar icons and lose jump list

Whenever I update/upgrade LO the Task Bar icons must always be removed and replaced for the LO apps I use there. This also results in the loss of the associated “jump lists.” Once the program is running the “Recent Documents” list is intact.

1. Is there some way to easily restore the previous “jump list?”
  2. How do items even end up in the jump list? I know they eventually begin to appear but simply opening, modifying, and saving a document doesn’t seem to do it.

Whenever I update/upgrade LO the Task Bar icons must always be removed and replaced for the LO apps I use there.

Yes, that is also the case with me. But it is not a function of LibreOffice but of the operating system.

This also results in the loss of the associated “jump lists.”

What do you mean with that?

EDIT 20220404-20.25 MESZ

Hmm, strange, for me only “LibreOffice”, “Detach from taskbar” and “Close window” are shown in the jump list.
In LibreOffice I have 6 files under “Recent Documents”. However, these are not displayed in the jump list for me.

Another basic thing:

Updates trash…

Although you may think you have run an update, it is actually a new installation of LibreOffice.
Therefore, even from Windows the existing icons are no longer served and must be renewed.
But the function of the “Recent Documents” in LibreOffice should not be changed after a new installation.
This information is located in the so-called user profile, which is not touched during an installation.
What can happen, however, that a user profile is defective and thus also the Liset of the “Recently used documents” is lost.

LibreOffice user profile

With me:
Version: 7.3.2.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 49f2b1bff42cfccbd8f788c8dc32c1c309559be0
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL

Jump lists are menus that appear when you right-click an app on the taskbar. For example this is the jump list for Edge in my system. It shows typically the same files you’ll see if you open the app and then click on File | Recent Documents in LO. After an update Recent Documents are still present but my Jump List is empty. Saves several steps when present.

Please do not write in a box “topic solution”, but use comments. Thank you