Updating my Linux Mint Libreoffice <SOLVED>

Some time ago I installed LO on my linux Mint box by downloading installation files from your web page.

All was good until recently when I did an OS upgrade, the folk at Linux Mint told me I will have problems with anything that I’ve installed without using the provided ‘software manager’ application.

So I decided to remove LO and re-install it using the correct software manager application.

Now I’m stuck without ANY LO as the remove worked, but the installation will not work.

I get the following errors:

dave@dave-LinuxPC ~ $ sudo apt-get install libreoffice
[sudo] password for dave:
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies.
libreoffice : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable
Depends: libreoffice-writer but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-gnome but it is not installable or
libreoffice-plasma but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-nlpsolver but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-report-builder but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-script-provider-bsh but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-script-provider-js but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-script-provider-python but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-sdbc-mysql but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-sdbc-postgresql but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-wiki-publisher but it is not installable
libreoffice-base : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-writer but it is not installable
libreoffice-base-core : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable or
libreoffice-core-nogui (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable
libreoffice-base-drivers : Depends: libreoffice-core-nogui but it is not installable or
libreoffice-core but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-sdbc-hsqldb but it is not installable
Recommends: libreoffice-sdbc-firebird but it is not installable
libreoffice-calc : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable
libreoffice-draw : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable
libreoffice-impress : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable
libreoffice-math : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable
libreoffice-report-builder-bin : Depends: libreoffice-core but it is not installable
python3-uno : Depends: libreoffice-core (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable or
libreoffice-core-nogui (= 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.2) but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
dave@dave-LinuxPC ~ $

I’ve tried all the usual commands including :-

sudo apt autoremove
sudo apt update
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -f
sudo apt-get --purge remove libreoffice*
sudo apt upgrade
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt --fix-broken install

(not necessarily in that order!)

None of these solve the problem…

Can anyone help?

Now ask the folk at Linux Mint how to properly resolve this issue. If you ask me, you should simply re-install what has worked for you.
In order to resolve the issue by yourself, you should run sudo apt install synaptic. Synaptic is a package manager with a graphical user interface. It helps to resolve dependencies and remove broken packages.

I already have synapttic package manager…
I’ll try installing it with that…

When I use Synaptic Package Manager and search for LibreOffice
I get literally hundreds of items most of which seem to be language packs of some sort or other…
I haven’t a clue what to pick or not pick?

The “All” filter and the “not installed” filter show all availlable libreoffice packages including any language packs you don’t need. You should concentrate on “installed (locally or outdated)” which shows installed packages that do not originate from the repositories.

And click menu:Help>“Legend to symbols”

PROBLEM SOLVED!
Thanks Villeroy.
I ran SPM and could see that a lot of items were already installed, so I removed all of those.

Then I went back to the software manager and installed the full LO from there and it worked just fine!