Upgrade on not?

I am using Base in a pro project and I dont upgrade to the last LibreOffice editions but still using the 6.3.6.2 (x64)

My Operating System is Windows 10 for LibreOffice Base that connects into MySQL Database in a Linux environment.

The main reason is that I avoid to do it afraiding of compatibility issues or bugs…

I wonder if there are significat changes in LibreOffice mostly in the base environment that I should take into account.

Connection from Base to MySQL/MariaDB doesn’t change. If you are using ReportBuilder and miss the auto-growth function for fields or miss charts, which didn’t show anything since a longer time you should upgrade to a current version of LO.

1 Like

Ik used lo 6.4 and upgraded to Lo 7.1… without any problem (on Windows 10 64 bit system)
Next i upgrades to Lo 7.2 and none of my (splitted) databases were accessible, which was recognized as a major bug in lo7.2.
Nevertheless i upgraded to Lo 7.3. which seems to have resolved every problem in lo7.2. It works flawless with any of my databases. Equally I upgraded the drivers for my split databases to hsqldb 2.6 without any problem

@RobertG
Does this mean one now can embed charts in reports ? if so how is the data linked to the chart ?

@ggk: It is an old feature, but it didn’t work for a longer time. See Base Guide 7.2 - Charts in Reports.

Will work in LO 7.3, if you don’t use a date or a time for axis in a report. With date or time only the background is shown right. Will work with this axis only when formatting them as Integer.

@RobertG
Thanks for that

Hi, I’m a newbie around here and I don’t want to derail the upgrade question, but you mention connecting into the database. I was just recently trying to set up a samba share so that I could access my database from a second computer and I could not save structural changes to the database from my samba share client.

I’m on a laptop running Linux Mint 19.3 and LibreOffice 7.2.6.2
and on a desktop running Linux Mint 19.3 and LibreOffice 7.3.3.2
and I’m using Base for a split database with hsqldb set up using a split database wizard. I had an older version of hsqldb but updated to 2.3.2 not too long ago.

Both of you and @Willyvd seem to be using a windows system so that might make a difference. I know next to nothing about networking, but can I ask how you are connecting. Is it something different than samba.

All I saw when I tried to search for how to fix my samba share so that I could access my LO database was that there were some problems.

@chetd: Open another thread for this. If there are more than one users: Start a server and connect to the database server.