Upgraded libreoffice over payment donation

I AM A HANDICAP(MINOR-STROKE) AND NEED YOUR HELP. I TEXTED YESTERDAY TO THIS MESSAGE PAGE AND AWAITING A CALL OR TEXT MESSAGE. I AM ABOUT 69 YEARS OLD AND IF SOMEONE CAN CALL ME AT (671)482-8339 IT IS BETTER TO EXPLAIN MYSELF, I TYPE SLOWLY. I AM IN GUAM( A USA TERRITORY). MY FRIEND MAYBE 3-5 YEARS AGO INTROTUCE ME TO LIBREOFFICE APP(DESK TOP COMPUTER), I DONATED TO LIBRE FOR SEVARAL MONTHS.I THOUGHT THAT WAS TO UPGRADE WILL COST ME $4.00. I ALREADY DONATED $4.00 6/25/22 AS MONTHLY DONATION. IS MY LIBREOFFICE UP TO DATE BY NOW? MY EMAIL IS:buddytwo53 at gmail.com. PLZ CONTACT ME ASAP. I CAN NOT AFFORD TO DONATE ON MY DEBIT CARD $4.00+$4.00+$4.00 EVERY MONTH. THANK YOU, ANTHONY DIONES

To update it you go to the website [Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft] and download no donation needed. The donation from my understanding keeps it from showing ads or spyware when you run it.

@buddybone - you may want to remove the email address in this post from this (public) forum.

Ads or spyware in LibreOffice??

That’s nonsense and misinformation. Please do not spread such. There are no ads and no spyware in the original TDF build downloadable from the LibreOffice website. Donations are merely voluntary and whether you donated or not does not affect any aspect of the software.

@buddybone and probably also the phone number.

Sorry my bad. I was responding to the part of the OP’s post that said he was updating through donating. And donating does not update your version.

That may indeed be a misunderstanding on buddybone’s side. A monthly donation is possible and welcome, but it doesn’t automatically update the software. Donation to TDF/LibreOffice is not some kind of “subscription” or “entitlement” and a download or an upgrade does not require a donation.

@buddybone just download a newer release from the location pointed to:

Jedimaster, I am slow in understanding what I have to do. I need to talk to someone. I am doing a once a month donation only . If charges are not reversed that was made twice ($4+$4 June 27,2022) I will have my bank block future transactions. Plz email me a phone number and who to contact. My mobile #(671)482-8339. I as mentioned on my emails I’m 68 to be 69 years old and have a minor stroke. Thank you. Anthony Diones

It is unclear who charged you what what for. If it was an erroneous double charge of a monthly donation to The Document Foundation (TDF, the charitable foundation behind LibreOffice) then please write an email to info@documentfoundation.org as indicated on the donation page Donate to LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft .

On this public Ask site here users and volunteers try to answer questions about the usage of the software, we are neither in the position nor is this the right forum to clarify financial transactions.

Good catch @erAck !