Upgrading from LibreOffice 7.5 to LibreOffice 24.2

I currently have LibreOffice 7.5 on my Windows 10 computer and wish to upgrade it to LibreOffice 24.2. Since this is a completely new version number (v7 vs v24), do I need to uninstall 7.5 before upgrading? Or will 24.2 overlay 7.5? Everything I’ve found on the site talks about upgrading within the same version. I can’t find anything that talks about upgrading from one version to another.

Thank you

Version 24.2 is the start of a new numbering system based on Year and Month rather than an arbitrary number, the next bigger release will be 24.8. You can allow the installer to do the upgrade as you usually would.

This page covers installation problems but has some sensible advice such as turning off AV while installing, General Installation Issues (Windows) - The Document Foundation Wiki

This is just a number. Nothing changed in the release cycle, nor in the process - we just decided to change the numbers, to avoid perception that “6.4 to 7.0 transition was bigger than 7.5 to 7.6”, because we used an odd system where two first version numbers were equally “major”. Now the version will simply reflect the year and month, nothing else.