Use auto-filter with additional topics

Hi all,
how do I use auto-filter correctly, adding more choices?

I have a table with several hundred entries.
I can find one of those easily via the search.
But then I can select one only.

I want to add another row. But when I start searching for that,

• all matches are selected automatically as soon as the first character matches
  • the formerly selected item is unselected

Example: I got

• abc
  • def
  • adf
  • xyz

I want to show “adf” and “xyz” only. I can do this by scrolling manually through the list and ticking single checkboxes.

But I can not search for xyz (which as single step works fine) AND THEN search for “adf”. As soon as I type “a” within the search box, “abc” and “adf” are activated, while “xyz” is lost.

Is there any option to keep the former selection and add further items by the search?

Welcome!
I understand your difficulty, indeed the user interface in this part does not look very convenient. However, with two additional clicks you can go to the Standard Filter parameter selection form - there you will have much more options for setting parameters.

Ah, thanks, that actually does work.

It’s much more complicated and requires many more than just two clicks. But at least that’s soemthing that I can use.

It’s far from simple usability since it offers a much different interface. But it does the job.l

As a bonus, here, in the Standard filter, you are not limited to the only condition “the cell value is equal to…”, there are many more options. By the way, do you know why this filter is called “Standard”?