I don’t remember installing Libreoffice it must have come with KDE when I installed that on my (X 64) Arch Linux computer. I don’t do that much with documents…so I never opened it. Now I need to write a new resume and the interface is in Afrikaans. I found the language options. The spell check and document settings have English options but the UI does not. HELP
You didn’t tell the version. As you don’t remember the original installation it may be due to an update anyhow. The LibreOffice installables come with all the languages available for the UI, but you are prompted for abolishing any selection of them (and other optional components). The first one of all the languages contained is Afrikaans. Maybe “someone” abolished all the other languages. My personal recommendation: Update to version 188.8.131.52.