Ver. 6.2.0.3 (x64) asks for Java (already installed

Hi, I have installed the latest version of LibreOffice. When I started it, it asked me to install the latest version of Java, which I did. Before doing that I noticed that it wouldn’t allow me to install some extensions because it said that it needed Java (x64) to be installed. After installing the latest Java ver. 8 (build 201) I restarted LibreOffice and got the following error message.

image description

So what do I need to do in order to get LibreOffice started without giving me this error message and also telling me that I can’t install an extension because Java is not present.

Please see this FAQ.

You probably installed 32 bit JAVA, but you shoud install 64 bit JAVA, please download and install exactly 64 bit JAVA:

https://javadl.oracle.com/webapps/download/AutoDL?BundleId=236888_42970487e3af4f5aa5bca3f542482c60

That was it. My mistake was to assume that the downloaded Java was 64bit, because my Windows 10 is 64bit, and I thought the site would automatically download the 64bit version.

Lesson learnt.

Thank you.

You shouldn’t use answer form for comments. Use for it link “add a comment” below every post

Apologies. I’m new here, and made an ass of myself, by assuming that where I was replying from was correct.

no problem. And else one: if you got right answer that helps you, then please push checkbox near it. Good luck.