Wacom Intuos with Libre Office 4.3.7.2?

I have just under 14 days to figure out how to get the Wacom Intuos tablet I bought to work with Libre Office. I most specifically bought this tablet to be able to handwrite notes to my students on their submitted documents, without having to print them off, write on them, scan, and send back. I wanted to be able to do everything on the computer and electronically (save a tree sort of thing … and money on the paper).

How do I get the Wacom Intuos tablet and my Libre Office, specifically the Writer Document side, to speak and work nicely together? Please help as I am on a very definitely marked deadline. I must have this figured out no later than 25 June 2015, since I have 14 days in which to return the tablet for a full-refund if this does not work. Thank you!

Using Libre Office on my Windows 8 laptop. Do have Ubuntu in my Oracle VM Virtual Box if that is of any aid.

This video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rOjr6YsCdw shows the Tablet being used with MS Word to do what you want. Note at the beginning it shows how to set up using a pen in word (I notice it is in my Word 2007) but it appears there is no such feature in LO.

In a Wacom Forum it states:-
“Open Office unfortunately lacks pen support.
This means there is no direct way of annotating text in Open Office with your pen.
One workaround could be a PDF annotation software - there are many programs available where you can draw, write, mark text within a PDF file with a pen.”

I guess this applies to LO. The PDF option would seem to be the only way you could do what you want to do, other than using MS Word.

Peter

As you have Windows 8 the Reader App (on Metro Tiles) for PDF files has pen stylus support.