Want to download LibreOffice to new laptop but it tells me that it could harm my device

Trying to download LibreOffice to new laptop but it tells me that it will harm my device.
Why will it harm my device? I have used LO on my old laptop and want to transfer my files.

This is the official website: Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Based on OpenOffice - Compatible with Microsoft

“it” is not very precise. An OS like Windows will usually mark everything you download from the Internet and will warn you before executing this files. Now the question is, where you downloaded “it”? Was it LibreOffice.org? Did you check, if you downloaded the file correct? Compared checksums? Looked at signatures from the Website?
If you downloaded the right file from the rught website it is quite unlikely “it” will harm your computer. But as the internet is a big place it is also possible you downloaded malware or a virus. Nobody van tell, when all we know is “it tells me that it will harm my device.” (And my guess “it” tell you not it will, but it may harm your device.

Sorry I don’t know the technical terms. I went to libreoffice.org and clicked on ‘download’ then clicked on ‘download’ for LibreOffice 7.6.6 then in the upper right hand corner of my screen a box appeared with the message “LibreOffice_7.6.6_Win_x86-64.msi could harm your device” So it was a message but I don’t know what exactly to call it!

Thank you I did go to the official website but maybe I should use a different browser? I was using DuckDuckGo

What operating system are you using?

I have a laptop running Windows 11 and I get that message even when I copy a file from another computer on my home network.

I ignored it and LO installed without any problems.

Not sure if Microsoft is being overly protective or Windows 11 is that fragile. Considering the number of crashes I’ve experienced I suspect the latter.

Yes Win11. So I tried using Firefox and it downloaded and installed with no problem. Thanks