Was there a change in the LibreOffice 3.5.x Microsoft DOC export filter?

I’m using Libreoffice 3.5.2.2, and in my Blackberry, DocumentsToGo’s WordToGo 2.0005. When a WordToGo document is edited with the current Libreoffice and saved in a DOC format. WordToGo won’t open it. WordToGo displays “This file cannot be opened because it is not a valid MS Word 97-2008 file”. I’ve edited WordToGo DOC documents many times with no problem with early versions of Libreoffice, and Openoffice. Libreoffice 3.5.2.2 is changing the format of a Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP/2003 DOC document. FYI, WordToGo will open a document editing by Microsoft Word, which is saved in the the 97/2000/XP/2003 DOC format.

The Excel XLS file can be edited then opened by SheetToGo without any problem.

While this probably not a problem for most people, it is a big deal for anyone using DocumentsToGo on a smartphone, who occasionally edits them on a desktop. Is there a solution?

Would you mind testing the same operation with LO 3.4.6 and then with 3.5.0? It is important to know where the problem occurred in order to submit a precise bug report.

I will. I found LO 3.4.6 on the download page, but where to I find 3.5.0?

You can find all versions here
http://ftp.uni-muenster.de/pub/software/DocumentFoundation/libreoffice/stable/

Uninstalled 3.5.2.2 and installed 3.4.6. Edited a DOC document, then saved it in Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP/2003 DOC format. WordToGo opened it. Therefore there is a bug in LO 3.5.2.2, which alters the Microsoft Word 97/2000/XP/2003 format slightly. Do I need to test 3.5.0, for a bug to be opened?

No. Of course not :slight_smile: Just go to https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/ and submit the bug as a regression from version 3.4.x

Is there a bug filed for this problem? It would be great to get a link from bugzilla posted on this question.

Unfortunately I had to do the same as tcs3043, i.e. downgrade to 3.4.6 after which I was able to open Word doc files as before in WordToGo. This is a serious issue for which I found no other solution. And thanks, tcs3043 for the saving my (long) day,