What file extension do i need to download office libre

my machine is new and asks me to pick a reader to do the download. which file type do I need please?

the file type is MAN when i try and install it

To provide an answer more information is needed. Please have a look at What information should I include in a question in addition to OS and LibreOffice version? - #4 by ROSt53

Whut the freak ? http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/ will auto-detect your system and is the correct source.

The following applies if you’re running Ubuntu Linux or Ubuntu-based Linux:

1. sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libreoffice;sudo apt-get update;sudo apt-get install libreoffice libreoffice-dmaths libreoffice-filter-binfilter libreoffice-ogltrans libreoffice-pdfimport libreoffice-presentation-minimizer libreoffice-writer2latex libreoffice-writer2xhtml openclipart-libreoffice libreoffice-gnome libreoffice-gtk libreoffice-gtk3 libreoffice-kde to install it.

2. If you run Mozilla Firefox, add mozilla-libreoffice.

I’m assuming you downloaded LO with Internet Explorer. There is a bug in IE which changes the extension from .MSI to .MAN. Change the wrong extension back to .MSI and you should be able to install LO with double-click.