What happened to columns optimal width

I LibreOffice Calc, When I do FORMAT / COLUMNS / OPTIMAL WIDTH / Default Value - the column does not widen to the entirety of the data inside the box any more. I just installed an update to 6.2.0.3

Imorphous

Can’t reproduce, works fine here. You do have selected the cell or the active cell cursor is on the cell to which content the width is to be adapted?

As described in release notes, tdf#64242 was fixed to allow Optimize column to not affect total table width, and new Minimize function is added.

EDIT: My answer is irrelevant - I missed the “Calc” bit; was utterly inattentive. Sorry.

I guess i had better read my notes and try to know what they mean
Thank U

That bug and release note is Writer though, not Calc…

Oh! sorry - I didn’t notice both in tag and in question - really sorry

$145,900.00 $256,478,290,356.00 Well I tried to copy some cells from the spread sheet. Let me try to explain. The top # was in the cell above the bottom 3. In the past, I guess the old version, when I key in the bottom # in the cell under the top # - I get what I suspect will happen. The cell shows me ###. I swear to god the first time i did the Optimal column command it did not widen the column as it did in the past Now get this. I just tried it again after i opened a new spread sheet 45679834, I got three pound signs. No surprise. I then did cell format currency - enter on the defaut. I then highlighted the the entire column and did the optimal command - the cell became empty and the blue color in the box went to the top of the column highlighting the D. Because it was column D i was in. No I am not crazy. I guess please try this ur self

I had the same problem with an existing spreadsheet that I opened in LO 6.2.1.2 (x64), but everything worked fine when I typed in a new one. However, I discovered that the column (Format Columns | Alignment) had been set to ‘Wrap text automatically’. I unchecked the option, and optimal width now works. I don’t know whether this is your problem.