What is Data Provider option in LibreOffie- Calc and how to use that one?

Hi Friends,
How to Use “Data Provider” option in Data Tab in LibreOffice - Calc Spread Sheet? I tried that one but i did not get any result and there are no Documentation for that " Data Provider " option in Internet …
Can you help me…Please ?

I’d say there is nothing in help, but if you try google with libreoffice calc data provider you may find something:

7.6 help is not useful at the moment
https://help.libreoffice.org/latest/en-GB/text/scalc/01/data_provider.html

… and you are not the first to ask - seems ratslinger made a bit of progress there:

1 Like

i already read your blog based on i worked but most of them failure… Especially how using Database and Website Data.

Example 1) Website

List of highest-grossing films - Wikipedia

Example 2 ) - LibreOffice BASE

Database File Path :

E:\LibreOffice-GoogleDoc-MicroSoft Office\LibreOffice\Base\Practical -Files-LibreOffice-BASE\TheFrugalComputerGuy\Group 1 - Create a Database Create a Table

Attached - BASE Database - odb01-Employees

odb01-Employees.odb (7.9 KB)
How to do this 2 Examples…

I think, we have to construct some working samples for this new (and rightfully well hidden) feature. The way it handles my daily csv stuff is really funny.

1 Like

Hi Villeroy… Thanks… Can You give Working Samples … I tried…only CSV File got some Sucess, Others failure… This is partially match with " Microsoft - Excel - Power Query " …

I do not understand how one wants to import csv, xml or html without specifying any import options nor implementing aritificial intelligence.

For my personal csv import I only use Base with HSQL and a little bit of macro code. This is most versatile to configure and most convenient to use. Once you have correct data in a database, you have many kinds of transformations in Calc and Writer as well.
I gave up on XSLT and use dedicated tools for specific XML. XSLT seems to be extremely unpopular, otherwise we could download thousands of transformations for Open Document.