What is Libre equivalent of "Enable Editing" in Excel to fill values on an exported spreadsheet

I am new to Libre and a user of QuickBooks. When I export a report from QuickBooks to Excel, I am used to the Excel command “Enable Editing” in order to capture the values in the exported spreadsheet. What is the equivalent in Libre worksheets?

According to other posts, you might need to do a hard recalculate, Ctrl+Shift+F9 to force calculation of unresolved totals. Is that what you mean?

[EDIT] If it is what you mean, then you might benefit from changing the default in Tools > Options > LibreOffice Calc > Formula from Never recalculate to either Always recalculate or Prompt user.

Thanks for your response. I figured it out … Although 0.00 showed in the cell, I saw that the cell actually contained data that was visible in the “contents” line in the menu bar. So, I just copied the cells to a new column, and the values were all there.

It sounds as though Data > Calculate > Recalculate Hard (Ctrl+Shift+F9) would fix the issue. Could you add Quick Books to your title so others can find it? Cheers, Al

Done, @EarnestAl.

1 Like