what is the current version ?

Either another instance of LibreOffice is accessing your personal settings or your personal settings are locked.
Simultaneous access can lead to inconsistencies in your personal settings. Before continuing, you should make sure user ‘eleanor’ closes LibreOffice on host ‘EleanorsAir.local’.

I get this message when I try to execute LibreOffice, either v. 6.3.4 or the just-installed 6.4.5 It may be helpful to know that I recently changed computers, and the name is different on the new computer than on the old. The old computer was Eleanor’s Air and the new one is MacBook Air. I still have the old computer, but I don’t think that actions on the old one will be communicated to the new one. Installing the new version does not seem to have changed the situation. What can I do to get access to LibreOffice on my new computer?

Eleanor

Hello,

your problem seems to be caused by an (old) .lock file within your user profile:

• assure that you closed LibreOffice on you new computer (probably not running at all)
  • open a terminal program (type “terminal” into Launchpad Search to find the terminal program)
  • execute: rm Library/Application\ Support/LibreOffice/4/.lock

(You may also use Finder to delete that file)

Hope that helps.