What key combinations can be used to switch between tabs in the Notebookbar?

When LibreOffice first released the Notebookbar feature it was very solidly a mouse-only experience, but I notice that the tabs now have underlined letters, as if it were wired to allow for a key combination that will let you switch between tabs as you work.

For example: the Insert tab has the “I” underlined in the tab label ("_I_nsert").

The problem is, I can’t figure out what the actual trigger is to switch tabs. Ctrl doesn’t work (Ctrl+i is the italic command in writer). Ctrl+Alt, Ctrl+Shift, and Ctrl+Shift+Alt also don’t seem to work. The Windows and function buttons don’t seem to do it either.

Has anyone ever used the keyboard to swtich between Notebookbar tabs? If it’s not possible to do that, why are the tab titles marked as if they recognize keystrokes?

UPDATED: I’ve been getting the alt and ctrl keys flipped around in my head all day. Ctrl+i is italic. Alt+i just doesn’t do anything.

1 Like

@CBWright,

To access the Insert tab in the Groupedbar Compact, press F6, Alt+i, Enter.

Try pressing F6 twice or more, before Alt+i, Enter.

It works in LO 6.3.6.2 and LO 6.4.7.2 (x86); OS: Windows 6.1.

You could edit your question, or comment an answer. Do not use Answer to comment.

If the answer solved your question, mark the circle to the left.

This sequence doesn’t appear to work in LO 6.4.4. F6 does shift focus to the button bar in the active tab, though.

1 Like

2 years since this question and I am seeing the same behavior on a fresh install () on Windows.

I can only access the menubar with Alt+LETTER combinations but not the tabbedbar or anything else. If the menubar is hidden, wouldnt the desired behavior be to have Alt+LETTER to access the tabs and commands inside that tab ?

Am I missing something or it is impossible to use the tabbedBar through the keyboard exclusively ?

I can confirm that you wrote in an answer box, although it is not a Solution-answer.
Please use for demand comments.
Delete your answer and write a comment. Thank you.