What version of JDK for Libre Office Base 24.8?

I’m having a lot of trouble interpreting the documentation it seems very old and complete is talking about Mac version 10.10 when we’re easily 10.14 if not greater on Mac, and they discuss Libre.6 and 7. I don’t understand how to install the correct version of the JDK and I’m not finding any information anywhere. Can someone please tell me exactly how to install the right version of JDK so that Libre office base works properly? And can someone update that documentation correctly? Frequently asked questions - General - The Document Foundation Wiki

It is expected that components that depend on Java would work with any version of Java installed on system (there is a minimal supported version, but no upper limit).

Actually they write On macOS 10.10 and newer,

One idea would be to try the newest… And sorry, you have to decide yourself, if you wish to install from Oracle (read their licence on professional/commercial use) or another project like Adoptium/Temurin or Coretto etc. I’m now using Temurin but had no problems with the others at their time.
For Temurin you may start at the following link, but nobody but you can decide, what cpu you have to select x64 or aarch64, as you didn’t tell…

You may notice there are several versions. Without special needs I select the newest LTS-release.

You mean dropping the information for users of older hardware, wich don’t wish to buy a new computer?
Or would a big list of all versions of MacOS combined with versions of Oracle Java, Coretto, Temurin etc in all Versions an CPU-types (Windows 32 and 64 bit, Mac separated by x64, aarch64) be less confusing - the table may then be a nice cube.

… and ARM :slight_smile:

Yes you are right, but it was never tempting for me on Windows. But I really should have thought of all this RasPis running Linux.