When i close the gap between pages, how do i save it

I know how to close the gap between pages on documents, but it won’t save that way. Can i save it?

I know how to close the gap between pages on documents,

Let us take part in your knowledge to understand what you are talking about (may be View -.> Hide Whitespace?)

I tried to express, that your question is not clear and that a potential helper might not understand what you mean by to close the gap between pages (please note my question mark in the parenthesis). It was not meant as an answer to the question How do I close the gap (which you obviously did not ask at all). Sorry - and I hate the question - but what is your intention to open a file using that special restricted view of your document? The gap is just a visual aid to indicate a new page, it won’t be printed in any way.

Yes, i know how to hide the white space. But after i close the document, it doesn’t save it, so when i re-open it, i have to do it again. Is there some way to save that setting.

Sorry if i was not clear, i am not used to the terminology. I have both double clicked between the pages and selected the Hide Whitespace option. It carries this out, but i have to do it every time i open a document. On Microsoft word it saved this and i was woundering if that can be done here as well.

I am saving in odt. I have tried the page style option, i do use that when printing. But this option does solve it.

Please do **not** use *Add Answer* if you actually don't answer a question but commenting an answer. Please use ***add a comment*** for that purpose. Thanks in advance …

I think you have missed the point made by @anon73440385. What exactly are you doing when you “close the gap between pages”? What key presses or menu commands are you using to do this?

And what format are you using when you save your documents – .doc or .odt or something else?? It makes a difference.

hi Bish,

have you tried using Page Style ?
in menu bar, use Format->Page…
then in Page Style select the Page tab.
check that in the category - Paper Format is correct (assuming you want a print out)
then in category - Margins change the values for both Top: and Bottom: to smaller values than the default will reduce the amount of white space. for my printer 0.5" is the smallest value that can be used, otherwise the output begins to get cut off.