When install Libreoffice 7.0.4 menus come up in hieroglyphics or a foreign language

I have tried installing version 7.0.4 several times and continually get the menus coming up in unreadable hyroglicphics. I am installing an english version.
Does anyone have any ideas???
Operating System is Windows 10 Version Build 19041

2021-02-04 Edit to show image

You might want to edit your question to add operating system and version. Click on edit button just below your question.

You could try opening LO in Safe Mode and turning off Skia or Vulcan in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View (a slightly different path in Mac I think) and see if that helps. Cheers, Al

If you close LO, then click Start > Menu > LibreOffice 7.0 > LibreOffice (Safe Mode) then press Continue in Safe Mode, are the menus OK? If so, you need to archive your user profile and reset. It might be best to backup user folder so close LO.

In File Explorer (Win+E), in the View tab, tick the box Hidden items.

Navigate to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4 right-click and drag the folder user to a blank space just below and release, click the context menu Copy here and it will create a copy of the user folder in case things go sour. Leave folder open for now

Reopen LO in Safe mode and tick the box Restore from backup > Restore user configuration to the last known working state and press button Apply changes and Restart. If it all works the carry on with using LO like everybody else.

If not then try the button Reset to factory settings > Reset settings and user interface modifications. This should fix most issues. If not the Reset entire user profile will reset everything back to factory settings.

If you did select the entire user profile option then all your autocorrect and templates will have gone. This is why we saved a copy. A new user folder will be created. Drag your data folders back into the new user folder: Autocorrect, Autotext, backup, template, wordbook.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Al

Hi, Have done as you suggested and no better. Then went and deleted LO, removed all LO files from computer, delete all LO files in registry etc
Re-install version 7.0.4 and was still the same.
Will just have to stick with version, which is the latest version that will work on my computer.
But thank you for your help

If it isn’t Skia and not User Profile then it could be a missing or damaged system font, possibly Segoe UI which can be downloaded from Microsoft site

Hi, WORKING - I tried downloading and installing fresh version of Segoe UI - all that did was change entire computer to the same as LO was coming up. Managed to change the default system font to Arial, rebooted machine and everything including LO is working as it should and in correct fonts.
Thanking you very much for your help and advice

Segoe UI is font Windows uses for display, menus, etc.so it is either a font issue, but if you downloaded from Microsoft then unlikely, or a registry issue related to the font…

Potential answer: go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Fonts\Font settings and click the button Restore the default font settings