Where are Draw line styles stored?

While experimenting in Draw, I inserted a rectangle and opened the Line dialog to play with border properties.

In the Line Styles tab, I pressed the Delete button to see what happens. The current (built-in) line style was deleted.

Thinking this action was document-local, I closed Draw (without saving) and reopened it. The deleted styles were not restored, meaning their definition is somewhere in the user profile. I checked this hypothesis with another user account on the same computer.

As this modification was not intended, I’d like to revert to the full line style collection without resetting my user profile. I could not guess which file in the user profile stores these line styles. I hope they aren’t in registrymodifications.xcu because this means profile reset.

Do you know which user profile file holds the line styles? My idea is to overwrite this file with an untouched copy from another account.

Note: I have tagged dra< but it might as well be common because the module is used in all components.

On this computer, LO version is 7.6.7.2 but the issue is likely version-agnostic.

I think that as a result of the above actions a new version of the file is created (for Windows):
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice\share\palette\standard.sod
and saved in the folder
C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\LibreOffice\4\user\config

1 Like

I see designs.sod and standard.sod in the affected user profile while both are missing in the other account. I renamed both to something else. It looks like standard.sod is the main factor.

Thanks!

1 Like