White Boxes/Blocks appearing

Using Version: 6.2.7.1 (x64) and finding that white boxes or blocks appear anchored to the top left corner of variable sizes and which cannot be deleted. Only workround is to hide drawing obects through the calc menu but this does not seem to solve it permanently.
This has been an issue for some years now - surely there is a comprehensive fix for this annoying problem.

Please upload a sample file (I personally never faced that on a new spreadsheet). Are you using your own version of a calc template (may be derived from an Excel file once upon a time)? Have you ever tried to reset your user profile?

PS: And it might be helpful to mention your operating system.

There was tdf#108691 fixed for 6.2; so your case seems something different. So it would be great if you filed a bug report with a sample document attached.

This white box problem sounds very similar to my problem.
The box takes up from Column A to E, and line 1 to 67.
I can move the box, but the next time I click in the top left area it regenerates itself.

LibreOffice: Would you guys fix this, please? This is reported in many places, generating pointless and endless questions about versions.

Here is a workaround: Tools | Options | LibreOffice Calc | View … Then set the Objects |Drawing Objects to “Hide”.

LibreOffice developers: Now you know the reason why the object is being displayed. Why is the object appearing in the first place? Furthermore, the problem is compounded as these settings are NOT saved, even when selecting Apply and OK

@jakeo254 ,

On this page here users help other users (No LibreOffice).

LibreOffice: Would you guys fix this, please?

Nothing gets fixed unless you report the problem on Bugzilla where they are seen by developers.

This is reported in many places, …

Please substantiate this with appropriate links.

… generating pointless and endless questions about versions.

Questions about the operating system and the LibreOffice version used are never pointless, but help to generate better answers.

Here is a workaround: Tools | Options | LibreOffice Calc | View … Then set the Objects |Drawing Objects to “Hide”.

For example, the problem you describe does not occur with me.

LibreOffice developers: Now you know the reason why the object is being displayed. Why is the object appearing in the first place?
Furthermore, the problem is compounded as these settings are NOT saved, even when selecting Apply and OK

As mentioned above, your comments are only useful if you make a corresponding entry on Bugzilla or confirm an existing entry with your data. Thanks.

With me:
Version: 7.6.2.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 56f7684011345957bbf33a7ee678afaf4d2ba333
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL threaded