Whole unselected things has been changed after applying conditional formatting for selected range

I Selected range $C$18:$C$27 and implemented custom format for >50. But whole things has been changed like this. Can anyone guide me how to solve this problem?

LibreCalc Issue on Conditional Formatting.ods

Version: 7.2.0.1 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 32efc3b7f3a71cfa6a7fa3f6c208333df48656cc
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 6.2 Service Pack 1 Build 9200; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-IN (en_IN); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Without the actual file we can only guess… You may have applied the formatting directly to the cells instead of defining a conditional format.

As I see “new style” in the dialogue: Have you defined a style and named it “new style” or are you in the middle of work?

Usually it is better to upload the file (after deleting unnecessary or private data) here.

File uploaded.

You have changed the Cell style Default to the same settings as MyNewStyle.

In the Sidebar, under Styles, right click on Default and select Modify. In the new dialogue select the Font Effects tab and change Font Colour to Automatic, Underlining to **(Without)*, and untick Outline and OK out.

Now, in the menu select Format > Conditional> Manage. In the dialogue that opens select your conditional formatting for the range C18:C28, then click the Edit button. In the drop-down labelled Apply Style select MyNewStyle and OK.

ConditionalFormattingDefaultChanged.ods

It is often easier to define the new style before applying Conditional formatting. Modify the appearance of a sample cell to the way you want it, then in the menu click Styles > New style from selection. It is then easy to select from the conditional formatting drop down box. If you want, you can then revert your sample cell to Default by double-clicking Default in the Styles pane. Cheers, Al

Thanks a lot for clear guidance! :slight_smile: