Why did my entire Libre Office Program Disappeared during an update on 12-16-2017?

I was doing a normal update; but I got a message saying that the update wasn’t installing correctly and did I want to continue or Abort. I of course Aborted the update; figuring I would just have my older version. When I went back to work on a document; ALL of my documents were no longer related to Libre Office; but to Word; and I don’t have a paid version of Word; not to mention I really like Libre Office and Donate when I can.
I lost ALL OF MY DOCUMENTS! They were all saved in Libre Office. I checked EVERYWHERE in the computer! I searched for Libre Office, soffice.exe, soffice, everything I could think of. What Happened? Why would an update not leave the older version in if the new one wasn’t installed?
Someone please HELP!

It’s hard to tell what went wrong based on your description (you don’t provide the error message and any other details); but there’s no need to panic.

1. Your documents are not gone (despite you claim that): you see them; the only problem is the missing application to open them.
  2. You can always re-download LibreOffice again from LibreOffice.org and install it. You will even have your settings kept.

Yes, it’s strange that the update process didn’t rollback properly on abort. For the problem to be fixed, please file a bug report on our bug tracker.

Same thing just happened to me on 12/23. The error message says : Libre Office cannot be found.
Going to try the reinstall. I have a Macbook Pro and am not happy with these glitches.