Why does Form allow data entry outside of fields?

I am using LibreOffice 7.5 (Firebird Embedded) on a Windows 10 Desktop (64-bit).

My form allows me to type text at the very top-left of the form that is NOT inside a field. Does anyone know a setting that will prevent that from happening?

In a related question, does the “Activation Order” function not automatically set focus inside the first field when the user switches focus to the form?

Thanks!

Couldn’t reproduce this in a form inside of a Base document. You could get this behavior if you switch form to design mode with external forms.

Try “Automatic Control Focus”. It’s part of toolbar “Form Design”, could be chosen through Form → Automatic Control Focus or is a vailable by the form navigator.

THANK YOU, @RobertG !
Toggling ON the “Automatic Control Focus” button on the Form Design toolbar fixed this problem. Now, when the form is opened, it correctly sets focus to the first field (and no longer allows data entry at the top of the form in a non-field).
Note: I created this form in Base (not Writer), so I don’t think it’s an “external form.”

THANK YOU!

One more observation, @RobertG

After the Form is already open: If I use the Form’s Navigation Controls to go to another record, the “Automatic Control Focus” does NOT set focus on the first control… I have to manually click inside the first field.
The only time Automatic Control Focus works (for me) is when I first open the form from the Database window. Is that the way it’s supposed to work?

Automatic Control Focus sets the focus on first field of a form. It will be the first field you also get when looking at activation order.
If you have set the cursor in another filed an jump from one row to the next the cursor won’t jump out of the field you have chosen to the first field, you haven’t chosen.