Why has my document shrunk from 456 to 362 pages?

After installing v5.4.6 I was told to reboot which I did. After rebooting I opened my document and the page count was 456 pages as usual but within seconds it shrunk down to 362 pages. I’m using a template I created myself which has worked perfectly over the years of numerous LibreOffice updates. The formatting doesn’t appear to have changed in the template but, nonetheless, the page count of the document keeps shrinking down to 362 pages. I opened older versions of the document which I know are fine but they also shrink down to approx 362 pages depending on the original word count. I checked the word and character count and they have not changed. I also tried resetting the line spacing to double just in case that had changed but it made no difference. I even uninstalled v5.4.6 and reinstalled the previous version but the problem persists. I have created PDF’s of all my saved versions of this document so I can check them with the original.

The strangest part of this problem is that when I open the document, LibreOffice reports 456 pages in the information bar and then, about a second later, the page number shrinks down to 362. The text size, line spacing, headers, footers and margins all seem to be the same.

Any help appreciated.

UPdate: I think I’ve found the problem. Somehow the double line spacing has changed width since I installed v5.4.6. Even though I’ve uninstalled v5.4.6 and reinstalled the previous version the problem is still there. The normal double line spacing was wider than it is now so that’s why the document has shrunk. As a test, I tried formatting the doc to single spacing and the lines are unnaturally close together now. I think that installing v5.4.6 has messed up the line spacing. Why did installing the latest LibreOffice version change the width of double line spacing and how do I fix this?

Can you provide a portion of the doc for testing?
Also, does changing the text font have any effect?
What is the text font you are using?

From the help menu:

Choose Format - Paragraph - Indents & Spacing tab
Choose View - Styles - open context menu of an entry and choose Modify/New - Indents & Spacing tab

From there you can set the line spacing.

Thanks for your reply. When I open the document and click on Format - Paragraph - Indents & Spacing tab there is no Views - Styles context menu to open. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong.

I opened the document in Word and it opens with 456 pages as normal. I saved it as a .docx and opened that in LibreOffice but it shrinks down to 362 pages like it did before.

Ok, I’ve uninstalled LibreOffice and deleted any remaining folders including the AppData/Roaming folder (Win 10 x86). Shut down my laptop and then started it again. Reinstalled LibreOffice 5.4.6.2 and the help file. I copied a clean version of the document from a backup source and opened it in LibreOffice. The same problem occurs - 456 pages shrink down to 362 pages. Did installing v5.4.6.2 bork my system in some way? This is really frustrating!

How do I make a bug report? I installed Apache Open Office 4.1.5 and opened the document in that without any problems. The document also opens fine in MS Word 2016. I believe a problem occurred when I installed the LibreOffice v5.4.6.2 update. I think it introduced a bug that I can’t remove simply by uninstalling LibreOffice or reverting to an older version. Could the LibreOffice registry entries be the culprit? Right now I am unable to use LibreOffice until I find a fix.