Why I Don't Donate to projects like this

As a frustrated user, I wanted to give some feed back as to why I don’t donate to projects like this.
Too many unilateral decisions are made by the developers !!
There is always the contrite “We welcome suggestions for features and improvements” but in reality, that is just not so.
Frequently, without warning, features are dropped that users depend on – without LibreOffice offering a home grown viable alternative.

First, support for PS1 type fonts was dropped – leaving users in the lurch to fix it on their own. Also leaving the distro package managers struggle with it. A problem that LibreOffice created!! Adding an OTF set of the URW PS-35 usually results in a duplicate set of fonts on the system that other applications in Linux see twice. Saying that other Linux applications have dropped support for PS1 fonts was just simply not so.

Then the Galaxy Icon Theme disappeared. That was the best set out there. Absolutely no reason for that.

Take my comments as you may but I have been in computing for 45 years and have seen the Borland’s and many others come and go. When I make a comment, its usually spot on and you may ignore it at your own peril.

:disappointed_relieved: thanks for your feedback

One could find https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions/galaxy-icon-theme easily.