Why I'm getting an error message " Could not create java implementation loader" while trying to add Zotero extension in Libreoffice?

I’m not able to integrate Zotero with LibreOffice.

Hello,

You need to install a proper version of Java. See → FAQ

I have the same problem. I’ve installed the last Java version (jre-8u241-windows-x64) after uninstalling previous versions. I see the JRE in LibreOffice, but when I try to install the Zotero extension into LibreOffice, I have the error “Could not create java implementation loader”.

I try uninstalling / reinstalling Java, Java runtime environment, Libre office, restarted my computer between each steps. How can I make Zotero work?

Please describe why did you post this question typing into the box labeled Propose Your Solution? I ask for a purpose: I noticed that people do not even try to read the rules; and keep posting questions as “answers” (which is not appropriate). Then I asked admins to change the “Answer” box title to suggest clearly that it is for solutions only, but obviously that didn’t help. I just want to understand the psychology that makes that happen, to come with a better solution (not with something too intrusive, like repeated “are you sure you have read and understood the rules, you newbie?”).

As an answer to your question: try to check the Java you see in your LO (of unknown version), i.e. to put a dot to the left of it in the list. Possibly there was an older version installed and selected, and the choice is remembered somehow…

Just to mention: As of Java 11 the JRE no longer exists

Update after reading the reply below from @mikekaganski : I meant Oracle does not provide JRE after Java 11

No. It’s up to the vendor to provide JRE separately or not; and since some time, Oracle is not the only major vendor; e.g. you may choose the JRE package type on Adoptium download page.

1 Like