LibreOffice versoin: 18.104.22.168 (latest)
OS: Win 7 64-Bit HE, German
i am using libre office writer for a purpose other than prosaic text production, which is transcription of oral speech. for this, i have created my own set of characters that i want to be replaced by autocorrect, and deleted all of the other pre-set ones. my language is “Deutsch (Österreich)” ). however, there is one specific word that i cannot get to not be replaced: “gibts” is being replaced with “gibt’s” (this is kind of like “isnt” and “isn’t” in English). every time i write “gibts”, autocorrect inserts the apostrophy (which is very annoying, because the apostrophy means something different in this kind of linguistic transcription).
i have already checked the language settings: the (whole document’s) text language is Deutsch (Österreich), so are my autocorrect settings. just to make sure, i removed the gibts-gibt’s pair from all the other Deutsch-autocorrect-lists (like Deutsch (Deutschland), Deutsch (Belgien), etc.). I also tried closing and restarting libre office.
i don’t know whether this is a bug, or if i am just plain stupid, but i tried googling the problem and nothing came up, so i thought i’d ask here. i’d be happy about some feedback. since “isnt” is something people say fairly often in oral speech, this issue is tedious, and i have to remove the apostrophy manually every time.
all the best