Will installing Libre Office 5.3.6 damage alter or erase the files on my computer?

I already have Libre Office on my computer but I need an upgrade or update my computer is too slow opening documents, I have not had any update in quite a while. I started uploading it and it said it was removing files so I cancelled it I can not afford to lose my files it is important research I need. Please review with me what will happen if I upload an upgraded version of Libre Office ? How does it affect what is on my computer ?

thank you for your help,

Alan David.

Quoting @infinity111: “I can not afford to lose my files it is important research I need.”
Therefore you surely make regular (interleaved) backups of your files on a safe storage medium with independent means (like a file manager).

Upgrade process removes:

1. Previous version of program;
  2. The temporary files created during the installation process.

The removal is displayed twice, because first time it actually doesn’t remove anything, but creates a scenario of what will be performed later, but at this stage it still shows messages (copying files; writing registry; removing files) as is it were performing the actions.