Will lowriter --convert-to command kill itself?

I am using the following command for converting docx to pdf using LibreOffice in ubuntu 14.04.

lowriter --invisible --convert-to pdf:writer_pdf_Export /home/user/Test.docx

When I checked the task manager I can’t find soffice.bin which is the name of the process displayed at the time we use libreoffice. But when I avoid the invisible command the soffice.bin process blinked and disappeared.

lowriter --convert-to pdf:writer_pdf_Export /home/user/Test.docx

Is the process still running? Or did it killed itself after –convert-to call? I want to use this command on an application I am developing. Is it safe to use? If this process is not killed will it affect my application’s performance?

How to tag this question with more keywords? I can’t add more tags. Anybody know how to add please add --convert-to tag too.

–invisible is not what you want to use, if you want to run LO non-interactively for conversion purposes, you want “–headless --convert-to”. For some time --convert-to already implies --headless, but perhaps the version you use doesn’t have that. And yes, headless+convert-to is supposed to exit right after the conversion is done.