will sumifs work across workbooks?

I am trying to produce a monthly report sheet in a separate workbook to the accounts and stock sheets so need to be able to for example show the value of all stock sold in November - I had the formulas working within the same workbook as the data but i cant get it working across different workbooks.

=SUMIFS(‘file:///C:/Users/Antiques and Vintage/Dropbox/Antiques and Vintage/2015-16/G A&V 2015-16 Stock.xls’#$‘Stock BF’.F4:F544,‘file:///C:/Users/Antiques and Vintage/Dropbox/Antiques and Vintage/2015-16/G A&V 2015-16 Stock.xls’#$‘Stock BF’.J4:J544,“4/15”)

Produces a Err:504

Many thanks
Adam

Seems that SUMIFS doesn’t work with external references.

SUMIF() seems to work, you can use it for only one condition as looks in your formula, move the third parameter to the last.

SUMPRODUCT() is an alternative for several conditions, but more complex if you need to use regular expressions.

Please could you report the bug.
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/enter_bug.cgi

@rockorang : Are you aware of the fact that data formally accessed by referencing ranges of other spreadsheet documents are imported (into hidden system sheets) anyway. You cannot reduce filesize this way.

Why not import the data explicitly via links into known ranges then, and use them from the internal workbench?