Win7: libre 3.5.1 very slow

I’ve a Win 7 64bit (4GB - Intel I7 K875) and Libreoffice 3.5.1 is very very slow.
When I start to write the words there is a freeze a few seconds before you see them on the sheet.(on writer)

Also the pressure on the icons reacts with a certain delay.

The version of Java installed is the 6.31

Any Idea ?

Thanks

I have found a solution to your problem, one that I myself acquired from another Libreoffice user. Simply run the installer for the latest version of 3.5 you have, click modify and custom installation. Uncheck all the dictionary extensions except for the language you wish to use. You might need some of the other languages but I highly doubt it. When you click install these will be removed, open Libreoffice up and it should be running smoothly once again.

Additionally, do take the advice on tweaking your memory settings. Under Options>Memory>graphics cache, increase your allocated memory for use in Libreoffice to max; 256mb. Reduce the number of undo steps to 30 and check load Libreoffice quickstarter. Under Options>Java uncheck use Java runtime environment. I hope all this helps.

After these tests, typing is faster remains slow response icons.

For example, when I click on the icon of the bold

This is after uninstalling all the other dictionary language extensions? After I did that LibreOffice started working fine. If you’re working in English uninstall all other language dictionaries.

Yes, I’m working with Italian dictionary

Version 3.5.3 seems to have solved the problem

See also → LO3.5.2 Writer slow on startup

Second this. I went back to 3.4 because Writer 3.5.1’s performance made it unusable.