Window navigation

With a Windows 10 upgrade earlier this year, the window controls in the upper right corner disappeared. Nor can I move the window by clicking on the upper border. In essence the left margin of the window is stuck to the left margin of the screen, the window cannot be minimized or moved. It can be resized by grabbing the bottom border or the right border. All functions of the spreadsheet work, though it can be somewhat challenging to work on multiple documents because they are all stuck to left below or above one another. Is there a configuration file that controls this behavior?

If you open another program and drag it to the left until it shows it will take half the screen, can you select LibreOffice to take the other half of the screen?

If not, it sounds like a Windows issue

Windows key + Shift + arrow keys to reposition the window so you can see the top bar.

I’m pretty sure Windows doesn’t manage window position, it’s an application specific setting usually stored somewhere in the programs Appdata folder.

I had the same problem on Sept 1, 2024. Click on top bar, press alt+space bar and a drop down will appear in the upper left corner. Select maximize and then it will now work right. Let’s hear it for Windows updates and “improved” user experience! LOL

1 Like

Or you can select Move and use the arrow keys to re-centre the window