Windows 10 "Open with" won't open Calc files

This used to work. I download a tab-delimited text file of a spreadsheet from a website and the site happens to give it a .txt extension. I’ve been doing this for years with no problems, right-click in File Explorer, “Open with” and select LibreOffice Calc.

However after I did a clean re-install of Windows 10 (1903) and installed the latest version 6.3.4.2 of LibreOffice, I can no longer open these .txt files into LibreOffice Calc from the File Explorer right-click “Open with…”. This shows for some reason TWO LibreOffice items with the main LibreOffice icon (not Writer or Calc), followed by Notepad and WordPad. When I select “Choose another app” it shows LibreOffice Calc and LibreOffice Writer. I choose LIbreOffice Calc and it instead opens the file as text into LibreOffice Writer. (Tried this several times, whether I choose Calc or Writer, it always opens Writer.) If I instead start LibreOffice Calc from the Task Bar Quick Starter and from there open the file in question it opens correctly as a spreadsheet.

Very strange - any ideas?

Thanks, Bob

When I select “Choose another app” it shows LibreOffice Calc and LibreOffice Writer.

Click “Always use this app to open .txt files”.

I choose LIbreOffice Calc and it instead opens the file as text into LibreOffice Writer.

Don’t choose LibreOffice Calc, but scroll down and choose “Find another app on PC”. Go to the LibreOffice>program directory and select scalc.exe.

Calc is now used and opens with the “Text import” dialog box.

If my answer has solved your problem, please click on the checkmark in the circle Bildbeschreibung to the left of the answer for upvote. This will tell the community that the question has been answered correctly.

With me Windows 10 Home; Version 1909; 64-Bit | LibreOffice, Version: 6.3.4.2 (x64).